Extreme memory usage when `synchronized( this )` is used

tcak via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon May 11 03:48:21 PDT 2015

On Monday, 11 May 2015 at 10:30:11 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> On Monday, 11 May 2015 at 10:24:57 UTC, Daniel Kozák wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 11 May 2015 09:40:28 +0000
>> tcak via Digitalmars-d-learn
>> <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>

>> But yes I would say, it is not intentional behaviour. It
>> should use
>> weak reference, so It would be possible for GC to collect it.
>> Please
>> fill issue
> And on 2.066.1 it works correctly, so it is a regression

I really didn't know that `destroy` would make any difference.
But I made changes in my libraries. Before null'g objects, I used
`destroy` as well, and memory consumption is not increasing at
all. Cheers for that ;)

I think `destroy`'s behaviour should be documented much better.

If I can reach to my bugzilla account (Everytime I forget my
password), I will report it now.