problem with parallel foreach

Gerald Jansen via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue May 12 13:18:58 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 12 May 2015 at 19:14:23 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> But if you disable the logging does that change things?

There is only a tiny bit of logging happening.

>> And are you using optimization on gdc ?

gdc -Ofast -march=native -frelease

> Also try byLineFast eg
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/umkcjntsxchskljygcbs@forum.dlang.org#post-20130516144627.000050da:40unknown

Thx, I'll have a look. Performance is good for a single dataset
so I thought regular byLine would be okay.

> I don't know if std.csv CSVReader would be faster than parsing
> yourself, but worth trying.

No, my initial experience with CSVReader was that it was not very
fast:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/wklmolsqcmnagluidphu@forum.dlang.org .

> Some tricks here, also:
> http://tech.adroll.com/blog/data/2014/11/17/d-is-for-data-science.html

Thanks again. I am having doubts about "d-is-for-data-science".
The learning curve is very steep compared to my experience with
R/Python/(Julia). But I'm trying...