Accessing x86 Performance Counters

Dmitri Makarov via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 13 03:56:36 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 13 May 2015 at 03:38:33 UTC, Maxime
Chevalier-Boisvert wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has written D code to access the x86
> performance counters, to get information such as the number of
> cache misses and cycle count.

Intel made available the source of their performance counter
monitor, which runs as a service and can be interacted with from
a client program running in the user space. PAPI is a big API and
it would be a lot of work to write bindings in D. Writing a D
application that talks to PCM should be fairly straightforward.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-performance-counter-monitor