Dynamic / resizable array type, and a crash problem

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu May 14 13:28:49 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 14 May 2015 at 20:03:16 UTC, ivoras wrote:
> Where would I look for documentation on the "~=" operator?

http://dlang.org/arrays.html

under the heading "array concatenation"

> What would be the difference between Array!string and string[] ?

Array!string takes ownership of its own memory and frees it when
no longer used making it appropriate in cases where you want that
optmization. string[] is a slice - pointer plus length
combination - into externally managed memory.