Linking to Dynamic Library on Mac OS X

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 15 12:49:29 PDT 2015

On Friday, 15 May 2015 at 19:39:53 UTC, TJB wrote:
>> Off the top of my head: does adding -L-L$(pwd) help?
>
> This is what I get:
>
> $ dmd main.d -L-L$(pwd) -lhello
> Error: unrecognized switch '-lhello'
>
> Sorry if this is completely elementary and I am being quite
> dumb.
>
> Thanks,
> TJB

should be

$ dmd main.d -L-L$(pwd) -L-lhello

The -L means "send the following argument to the linker". Note
that you may also find you need to help OS X find the dylib when
running the program, either by moving it to one of the system
locations or using DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH (see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3146274/is-it-ok-to-use-dyld-library-path-on-mac-os-x-and-whats-the-dynamic-library-s).
However, I think the runtime linker looks in the present
directory by default, so you might get away with it.