Necessity of D Library (and/or Core Library)

Anthony Monterrosa via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 22 23:35:48 PDT 2015

     Does D require the standard library to function? Or to be
more direct, does D as a language need its library, or core
library, to function correctly?

     I have become very interested in how programming languages do
their magic; how they interact with the computer itself, and
their inner mechanics. This eventually led me to resources that
said the line between a language and its library differs between
languages, and I was wondering where D stood on that line.

     Note: since, I'm already here, does anyone know how D
manipulates/uses standard streams to make its write/read
functions as well? I can't find any resources telling me a
non-abstracted way of this being completed.

P.S. I'm only a freshman computer science student, so if some of
this should be basic, I simply don't know it yet.

Thanks in advance!