Necessity of D Library (and/or Core Library)

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 23 03:08:52 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 23 May 2015 at 06:35:50 UTC, Anthony Monterrosa
wrote:
>     Does D require the standard library to function? Or to be
> more direct, does D as a language need its library, or core
> library, to function correctly?

Phobos is not required completely. D runtime can be a couple of
lines not counting object.d. If you want all asserts, string
switch and bounds checking (which I nice to have) and nice error
reporting, it can grow to 100 lines or so.

>     Note: since, I'm already here, does anyone know how D
> manipulates/uses standard streams to make its write/read
> functions as well? I can't find any resources telling me a
> non-abstracted way of this being completed.

Phobos works on top of C stdio.