problem with gc?

zhmt via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu May 28 03:11:36 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 28 May 2015 at 02:00:57 UTC, zhmt wrote:
> I think it is not problem of gc, it is my fault:
> The operations is serialized:
> clent send  -> server recv  -> server send  -> client recv,
> so if one operation takes too long time, the throughput will
> definitely fall down.
>
> I cant explain why it so fast when buffer is big enough, and so
> low when buffer is smaller than data size.

I found the root of the problem :

tcp_nodelay, it is default false. After i modify it to true, the
program runs exactly as what I expect.

sorry, it is a low level error.

the throughput is steady now: if buffer size is set to 1,
throughput is about 20K response/second; when buffer size is big
enough ,the throughput is about 60K response/second.

It looks like resonable.