good reasons not to use D?

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 2 09:07:32 PST 2015

On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 09:07:56 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
> On Friday, 30 October 2015 at 10:35:03 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> Any other thoughts?
>
> Floating point operations can be extended automatically
> (without some kind of 'fastmath' flag) up to 80bit fp on 32 bit
> intel processors. This is worst solution for language that want
> to be used in accounting or math.
>
> Thoughts like "larger precision entails more accurate answer"
> are naive and wrong.
>
> --Ilya

Thanks, Ilya.  An important but subtle point.  Funnily enough, I
haven't done so much specifically heavily numerical work so far,
but trust that in the medium term the dlangscience project by
John Colvin and others will bear fruit.

What would you suggest is a better option to address the concerns
you raised?