Align a variable on the stack.

TheFlyingFiddle via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 3 15:29:43 PST 2015

Is there a built in way to do this in dmd?

Basically I want to do this:

auto decode(T)(...)
{
    while(...)
    {
       T t = T.init; //I want this aligned to 64 bytes.

Currently I am using:

align(64) struct Aligner(T)
{
    T value;
}

auto decode(T)(...)
{
    Aligner!T t = void;
    while(...)
    {
       t.value = T.init;

But is there a less hacky way? From the documentation of align it
seems i cannot use that for this kind of stuff. Also I don't want
to have to use align(64) on my T struct type since for my usecase
I am decoding arrays of T.

The reason that I want to do this in the first place is that if
the variable is aligned i get about a 2.5x speedup (i don't
really know why... found it by accident)