good reasons not to use D?

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 4 04:16:00 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 4 November 2015 at 12:08:19 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:
this hardly matters for Java, C++, Python etc because mostly you
won't need to use a bunch of different libraries.

I meant mostly you won't need to go outside that ecosystem to use
a bunch of different libraries whereas with D probably you will -
and whilst it is not very difficult, writing it in D as a
beginner or intermediate level programmer and calling a C library
will take more time and effort than a guy of the same level doing
the same in python (and I expect Go).  Doesn't mean you shouldn't
do it if you're going to use the library intensively - it's a
price you pay once, and it might be small in the bigger picture -
but if you are using a gazillion different libraries, each of
which will need to be wrapped, you might want to think about
whether D is the right tool for that task.