conver BigInt to string

Meta via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 5 13:33:49 PST 2015

On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 20:45:45 UTC, TheGag96 wrote:
> Whoa whoa whoa... This is the first time I've heard about this
> difference, and I've used .sort plenty of times... That seems
> like really, REALLY bad design, especially considering the
> language allows functions to be called without parentheses. I
> thought I was using std.algorithm's version the whole time.

It's a legacy issue that will hopefully be fixed someday. The
issue is that ever since D1, arrays have had a .sort property
that uses a built-in sorting function. The compiler will only
recognize it as the std.algorithm version of sort if you use
parentheses.

> What's the difference between the implementations of arrays'
> .sort property and std.algorithm.sort()? And does sort() throw
> out that "unable to deduce function argument" error for a
> character array of all things?

The built-in sort is buggy and slow and should never be used. As
far as I know it does not produce errors of its own, so any error
messages you see like that are coming from the std.algorithm sort.