Why my app require MSVCR120.dll?

Timo Sintonen via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 6 08:54:08 PST 2015

On Friday, 6 November 2015 at 16:21:35 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> On Friday, 6 November 2015 at 13:50:56 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>> MSVCR is a C runtime. On Linux it will depend on a C runtime
>> too.
>
> But which part of my App depend on C runtime?

I have an early draft to explain the libraries here:
https://bitbucket.org/timosi/minlibd/wiki/libc_vs_libgcc
It is the Linux point of view but the basics are the same.

It would be hard to write generic patterns that describe all
possible language features for all possible target systems. It is
easier to put them into a separate library that is common for all
apps. Some simple things are math with mixed types and fp math,
more complex things are for example thread and exception handling.