Align a variable on the stack.

steven kladitis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 6 19:18:57 PST 2015

On Friday, 6 November 2015 at 01:17:20 UTC, TheFlyingFiddle wrote:
> On Friday, 6 November 2015 at 00:43:49 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
>> On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 23:37:45 UTC, TheFlyingFiddle
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I reduced it further:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> these run at the exact same speed for me and produce identical
>> assembly output from a quick glance
>> dmd 2.069, -O -release -inline
>
> Are you running on windows?
>
> I tested on windows x64 and there I also get the exact same
> speed for both functions.

I am still disappointed that DMD is not native 64 bit in windows
yet.  Please show exactly how you are getting 64 bit to work in
windows 10. I have never gotten this to work.  for any version of
DMD.   All of my new $400.00 systems are 4 gig 64 bit windows
10...    and the processor instruction sets are very nice.  I
dabble in assembler.   I have always wondered why D does not take
advantage of newer instructions...... and 64 bit. I see a 64 Bit
droid Compiler for D.  :):):)