win32 from master: unicode functions by default?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 12 07:58:40 PST 2015

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 05:08:24 Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 November 2015 at 04:58:42 UTC, Andre wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > by using the win32 library from master, the functions aliases
> > to the ansi windows functions (...A) instead of the unicode
> > functions (...W).
> > Is there a way to control this behavior beside using the
> > explicit function
> > names (A/W)?
> >
> > Kind regards
> > André
>
> version=Unicode on the compiler command line.

It seems pretty wrong for the A versions to be the default though...

Still, even in C++ code, I've generally taken the approach of using the W
functions explicitly in order to avoid any potential problems with A
functions being called accidentally. Regardless, the whole A vs W thing with
Win32 is not exactly one of its nicer features. :|

- Jonathan M Davis