win32 from master: unicode functions by default?

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 13 00:44:30 PST 2015

On Friday, 13 November 2015 at 08:10:12 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 November 2015 at 15:58:53 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
>> It seems pretty wrong for the A versions to be the default
>> though...
>
> For my money it's a plain bug in bindings :)

Yep, we don't support non-Unicode Windows versions anyway so
there's no reason for this. It's not as important as in C though,
since TCHAR does not have a big role in D - you will need to be
explicit to which character type you convert to when converting
from D strings anyway.

If only Microsoft would have adopted UTF-8 as an 8-bit locale...
if only.