What does the -betterC switch in dmd do?

Mike via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 16 16:06:25 PST 2015

On Sunday, 15 November 2015 at 15:34:19 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that the only things that are excluded are
> module info and type info. It's still possible to use "new" and
> all the array features that requires support in the runtime
> (slicing, concatenation, appending and so on).

In my experience, the only thing removed by -betterC is the
ModuleInfo [1]

However, there is a pending pull request to remove TypeInfo also
[2]

I don't think it was every fully implemented to the author's
intention, and I'm not sure if it ever will be [3]

Mike

[1]
http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.273.1386260316.3242.d.gnu@puremagic.com
[2] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/5105