dataframe implementations

Jay Norwood via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 18 22:33:02 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 18 November 2015 at 22:46:01 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> My sense is that any data frame implementation should try to
> build on the work that's being done with n-dimensional slices.

I've been watching that development, but I don't have a feel for
where it could be applied in this case, since it appears to be
focused on multi-dimensional slices of the same data type,
slicing up a single range.

The dataframes often consist of different data types by column.

How did you see the nd slices being used?

Maybe the nd slices could be applied if you considered each row
to be the same structure, and slice by rows rather than operating
on columns.  Pandas supports a multi-dimension panel.  Maybe this
would be the application for nd slices by row.