copy and array length vs capacity. (Doc suggestion?)

Jon D via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 21 17:35:57 PST 2015

On Sunday, 22 November 2015 at 00:10:07 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> May I suggest that you improve that page. ;) If you don't
> already have a clone o the repo, you can do it easily by
> clicking the "Improve this page" button on that page.

Hi Ali, thanks for the quick response. And point taken :)  I
hadn't noticed those buttons on the doc pages, looks very
convenient. There are a couple formalities I need to look into
before making contributions, even small ones, but I'll check into
these.

> Regarding why copy() cannot use the capacity of the slice, it
> is because slices don't know about each other, so, copy could
> not let other slices know that the capacity has just been used
> by this particular slice.

Thanks for the explanation, very helpful understanding what's
going on.

--Jon