DFLAGS ignored. How to get a dmd installation on windows that is 64 bit only

Carl Sturtivant via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 22 07:33:07 PST 2015

> If you must force dmd to be only 64bit, use sc.ini file to do
> so and not rely on your environment variables.

OK, why?
(This does work, so thank you.)

> Also why do you not want 32-bit support?
> It's not like it won't work on a 64bit computer, it will.

I've used 32-bit D and DMC a lot on real projects, so I am aware
of this. I just want to tinker with the installation on a machine
I use for that sort of thing, without worrying about the 32-bit
configuration at all, and with no possibility of executing 32-bit
tools.