Communicating with external processes in D

Cameron Reid via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 23 12:02:14 PST 2015

I'm rather new to D, so apologies if this is a silly question:

I'd like to be able to fork a number of instances of a process,
write to their stdins and read from their stdouts in parallel.
That is, I want to write some data to the stdin of all these
processes and collect lines written to their stdouts as soon as
they're emitted by the process.

I tried for quite a while last night using permutations of
pipeProcess and i/o redirection but nothing did exactly what I
was looking for.

Is such a thing possible? If so, where might I go to educate
myself?