Drawing Native OSX Windows with D

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 28 06:05:36 PST 2015

On 2015-11-28 11:40, Mike McKee wrote:
> Does anyone have a demo that shows how I can call the native OSX API to
> draw a basic window that's minimizable and can be closed?
>
> I was thinking of making an installer for the Mac, you see. So for
> instance, people would download a very thin .app file and run that.
> Because it only uses native window APIs on OSX, it wouldn't be a huge
> download. That way, this installer can then download the larger payload
> of my Qt/C++ application that I composed.

The recommend ways of distributing applications on OS X, in the
preferred order, are:

1. App Store
2. DMG containing an application bundle
3. Native installer
4. Other ways

Building an application that acts like an installer would fall under
number 4, that last preferred way.

If you can't/don't want to go with the App Store then why not the second
option?

--
/Jacob Carlborg