DUB, Platform specifications and dependencies

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 30 08:54:45 PST 2015

Am 24.11.2015 um 19:51 schrieb Zardoz:
> Actually I'm trying to setup dub to not grab a dependency on Windows (
> https://github.com/Zardoz89/DEDCPU-16/blob/master/dub.sdl ) :
>
> name "dedcpu"
> authors "Luis Panadero Guardeño"
> targetType "none"
> license "BSD 3-clause"
> description "DCPU-16 tools"
>
> subPackage {
>    name "lem1802"
>    description "Visual LEM1802 font editor"
>    targetType "executable"
>    targetName "lem1802"
>    excludedSourceFiles "src/bconv.d"
>    excludedSourceFiles "src/ddis.d"
>    dependency "gtk-d:gtkd" version="~>3.2.0" platform="posix"
>    libs "gtkd" platform="windows"

> How ever, running dub on Windows (tested on two different machines),
> ignores platform specification for gtk-d dependency . What I'm doing
> wrong ?

Platform specifications are currently not supported for dependencies due
to the way the dependency resolver works. However, it is possible to use
platform specific configurations for this purpose:

name "dedcpu"
authors "Luis Panadero Guardeño"
targetType "none"
license "BSD 3-clause"
description "DCPU-16 tools"

subPackage {
    name "lem1802"
    description "Visual LEM1802 font editor"
    targetType "executable"
    targetName "lem1802"
    excludedSourceFiles "src/bconv.d"
    excludedSourceFiles "src/ddis.d"
    libs "gtkd" platform="windows"

    configuration "nogtk" {
       platforms "windows"
    }

    configuration "gtk" {
       platforms "posix"
       dependency "gtk-d:gtkd" version="~>3.2.0"