help me learn to read documentation

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 1 18:20:46 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 1 October 2015 at 19:15:39 UTC, Robin wrote:
> The documentation here
> (http://dgame-dev.de/index.php?controller=learn&mode=package&package=graphic&module=Text&version=0.6)...
> gives me the Text() class but i dont know how to use
> "foreground, background, and Font mode" or at least turn it
> into usable syntax.

Those describe simple class members, so you can set them through
assignment:

      Text CurrentFps = new Text(dejavu);
      // change to white on black
      CurrentFps.foreground = Color4b.White;
      CurrentFps.background = Color4b.Black;
      // change mode
      CurrentFps.mode = Font.Mode.Shaded;

I haven't actually used this library, but since the doc describes
it with variable syntax (`Color4b foreground;`) that means you
should be able to just assign to them like ordinary object member
variables.