Tell GC to use shared memory

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 11 23:50:33 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 8 October 2015 at 09:25:36 UTC, tcak wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 October 2015 at 05:46:31 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> On Thursday, 8 October 2015 at 04:38:43 UTC, tcak wrote:
>>> Is it possible to modify GC (without rebuilding the
>>> compiler), so it uses a given shared memory area instead of
>>> heap for allocations?
>>
>> sure. you don't need to rebuild the compiler, only druntime.
>
> Any better solution? Like overriding GC class, etc.

You can install your own GC proxy, see module gc.proxy in
druntime, the struct Proxy and functions gc_getProxy,
gc_setProxy. No need to recompile druntime.

Here's an example where I install my own GC proxy to do all
allocations in my arena:
https://bitbucket.org/infognition/dstuff/src/97cef6d4a0438f9a9f4ff0d18f819262b8a74888/gcarena.d?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default