DMD Compiler 'switches'

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 12 10:46:34 PDT 2015

On Monday 12 October 2015 17:38, ric maicle wrote:

> I'm wondering if this small irregularity should be made consistent or
> maybe I misunderstood something.

As far as I know, the difference just happened, and there is point to it.
The style without "=" is older and wasn't followed when new switches were
added.

Consistency between different switches has to be weighed against stability
here. So far stability has won, I guess.

FWIW, dmd seems to be in good company as gcc is in a similar situation. For
example, `gcc -std=c11 -ofoo foo.c` is a proper gcc command line, generating
the file "foo".