DMD Compiler 'switches'

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 12 14:43:59 PDT 2015

On 10/12/2015 01:03 PM, ric maicle wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 02:39 AM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> If we accept that = cannot be a part of a file name then we could
>> support -D=ddocdir as well, but I checked and = can be used as part of a
>> name at least on Linux. Which may explain why those switches are not
>> consistent with the rest and we cannot support -D= at this point.
>
> I think I'm confused. I see the following switches using the = symbol:
>
>    -config=path
>    -debuglib=name
>    -defaultlib=name
>    -deps=filename

Perhaps those were introduced after the other ones.

I am agreeing with the other posters that we cannot fix the other ones
because if anyone used = before, it was the part of the path. (Maybe...
Never tried... :) ) So, we cannot change the syntax today because then
some users' paths will lose the = character.

Ali