OT: why do people use python when it is slow?

Chris via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 15 03:00:20 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 09:47:56 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 09:24:52 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> Yep. This occurred to me too. Sorry Ola, but I think you don't
>> know how sausages are made.
>
> I most certainly do. I am both doing backend programming and we
> have a farm... :-)

Well, you know how gourmet sausages are made (100% meat), because
you make them yourself apparently. But I was talking about the
sausages you get out there ;) A lot of websites are not
"planned". They are quickly put together to promote an idea. The
code/architecture is not important at that stage. The idea is
important. The website has to have dynamic content that can be
edited by non-programmers (Not even PHP! HTML at most!). If you
designed a website from a programming point of view first, you'd
never get the idea out in time.