OT: why do people use python when it is slow?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 15 09:09:39 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 10:00:21 UTC, Chris wrote:
> about the sausages you get out there ;) A lot of websites are
> not "planned". They are quickly put together to promote an idea.

They are WordPress sites... :-(

> If you designed a website from a programming point of view
> first, you'd never get the idea out in time.

It's not that bad, but modelling data for nosql databases is a
bigger challenge than getting decent performance from the code.

There is another issue with using languages like Rust/C++/D and
that is: if it crashes you loose all the concurrent requests,
perhaps even without a reasonable log trace. What I'd want for
handling requests is something less fragile where only the single
request that went bad crash out. Pure Python and Java provide
this property.