good reasons not to use D?

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 31 13:55:31 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 31 October 2015 at 18:23:43 UTC, rumbu wrote:
> My opinion is that a decimal data type must be builtin in any
> modern language, not implemented as a library.

"must be builtin in any modern language" – which modern languages
actually have decimals as a built-in type, and what is your
rationale against having them as a solid library implementation?
It seems like it would only be interesting for a very fringe
sector of users (finance, and only the part of it that actually
deals with accounting).

  — David