Can we get a video tutorial?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 1 18:15:27 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 1 September 2015 at 15:01:15 UTC, Stephen wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 September 2015 at 14:50:53 UTC, cym13 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 1 September 2015 at 14:48:55 UTC, Stephen wrote:
>>> So I've been trying to install Dlang, VisualD, and Dub for
>>> the past day with little luck. I have DMD 1 and 2, and
>>> VisualD installed, but I can't get Dub working.
>>
>> Are you on linux or windows or...? Please, give a bit of
>> context.
>
> I (personally) am on Windows, umm, not sure what you want for
> context. When I run my program, it gives an error that
> something I'm importing .d can't be read.

There's no reason to install version 1.x of DMD, as it's no
longer officially supported. D2 is all you need.

Here's what you should do:

1) Download and install Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition, but
only if you want to install VisualD or compile 64-bit programs.
You could alternatively install the Visual Studio Shell to use
VisualD, but the CE gives you every thing you need to compile
64-bit programs with DMD.

2) Download the DMD installer and run it. Allow it to set the
path. Do not select D1 when given the option, jut D2 and
(optionally) VisualD.

3) Download and run the DUB installer.

That's it. There's nothing else you need to do.

It would be much more helpful to those trying to help you if you
could show exactly what error you're getting. It may very well
have nothing to do with how you installed the programs, but with
how you configured your project.