How to partially forward properties of struct array member to struct (disable length property) ?

ParticlePeter via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 6 00:34:34 PDT 2015

I am working on a struct vector. The data is stored in a member
static array and I want to be able to forward all array
properties except length to vector.
Reason is I have free functions f that take vector(s) as
arguments, such that f(vector) and vector.f via UFCS is possible.
Using alias array this in the case of length function/array
property is problematic, as length(vector) obviously uses the
free function but vector.length the array property.

What would be the simplest way to disable the array.length
property for the vector struct?

I would prefer not to implement length as a vector member
function and call it inside the free function as this is
inconsistent with the other free funcs.