Windows Header consts

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 7 11:58:07 PDT 2015

On Monday, 7 September 2015 at 18:42:59 UTC, Prudence wrote:
> because it is confusing and hard for you to understand over

Nope, I'm saying it is a pointless change. If you do that, EVERY
time you want to look something up, you need to rewrite WM.* into
WM_* since that's what the docs say. And then EVERY time you
copy/paste code from C or, again, the docs, you need to change it
the other way. (and moreover, it won't even work, since like you
pointed out, some enums have static if in part)

That's a big hassle... and what's the benefit? What do you
actually gain by doing this?

> Did you do a lot of win32 programming back in the day?

Yup, and I still do. The documented names have worked for twenty
years, why change them now?