Windows Header consts

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 7 13:55:23 PDT 2015

On Monday, 7 September 2015 at 19:06:48 UTC, Prudence wrote:
> It's called encapsulation. It prevents namespace pollution and
> identifier collision.

This is already provided by the D module system. Even if you were
to define a WM_CREATE in your code, it would not cause a major
problem with the Win32 name because you can disambiguate via the
imports. (That's also a minor hassle, but it is more rare for
these long names than a short name like WM anyway!)

My editor already autocompletes WM_* names anyway, but again, the
D module system can help with that too if you didn't want the
keyword based completion I use for that.

I just don't see any advantage here to counterbalance the pain of
changing it.