OSX prompt limit

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 9 14:33:09 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 21:27:05 UTC, Joel wrote:
> Thanks Adam. That works better than normal. Up and down don't
> work though.

There's another function called add_history for that. Readline is
a pretty popular library (also GPL though, keep that in mind if
you distribute your program, it must also be GPL if you use it)
so you can find more info on the net:

http://web.mit.edu/gnu/doc/html/rlman_2.html

Basic thing is if you want to add it to history, call
add_history(ptr_it_returned); and it will then be available for
up/down access.

Also, readline is a C library, so it does expect you to free the
memory it allocates too.... but you can probably just let that
slide, it'll be fairly small leaks all things considered.

If I can ever actually get access to a Mac, I'll try to debug my
other lib on one too.