Massive linker error after upgrade to DMD 2.068.1-1

rcorre via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 12 13:05:26 PDT 2015

After upgrading from DMD 2.068.0-1 to DMD 2.068.1-1, my project
began producing a large linker error (when built using dub).

I was able to trace it down to a single line:

target = target.adjacent(Diagonals.yes).randomSample(1).front;

target is of type RowCol
(https://github.com/rcorre/dtiled/blob/master/src/dtiled/coords.d#L36),
which has an `adjacent` property that leverages chain, only, and
take.

When I comment this line out (or build on a system with DMD
2.068.0-1), I can build fine. When uncommented, I see (post
ddemangle):

http://dpaste.com/1PJB35V

I've tried to break this down into a reduced example to prove
that I can call randomSample on the range returned by
RowCol.adjacent (http://dpaste.com/13G9WDE). This runs fine, so
it seems to be a deeper issue with my build environment (full
project at https://github.com/rcorre/damage_control if you're
curious).

I don't want to turn this into "please debug my project for me",
but do people have general hints on how to track down issues like
this?

Thanks!

Side note: I see src/transition.d in the output, but I don't see
how it is relevant to the error (it isn't even imported by the
file causing the error).