Speeding up text file parser (BLAST tabular format)

Fredrik Boulund via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 15 01:44:58 PDT 2015

On Monday, 14 September 2015 at 15:04:12 UTC, John Colvin wrote:

> I've had nothing but trouble when using different versions of
> libc. It would be easier to do this instead:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_from_source
>
> I'm running a build of LDC git HEAD right now on an old server
> with 2.11, I'll upload the result somewhere once it's done if
> it might be useful

Thanks for the offer, but don't go out of your way for my sake.
Maybe I'll just build this in a clean environment instead of on
my work computer to get rid of all the hassle. The Red Hat
llvm-devel packages are broken, dependent on libffi-devel which
is unavailable. Getting the build environment up to speed on my
main machine would take me a lot more time than I have right now.

Tried building LDC from scratch but it fails because of missing
LLVM components, despite having LLVM 3.4.2 installed (though
lacking devel components).