Speeding up text file parser (BLAST tabular format)

Fredrik Boulund via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 15 12:16:54 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 15 September 2015 at 18:42:29 UTC, Andrew Brown wrote:
> I had some luck building a local copy of llvm in my home
> directory, using a linux version about as old as yours (llvm
> 3.5 i used) specifying:
>
> --configure --prefix=/home/andrew/llvm
>
> so make install would install it somewhere I had permissions.
>
> Then I changed the cmake command to:
>
> cmake -L -DLLVM_CONFIG="/home/andrew/llvm/bin/llvm-config" ..
>
> and I got a working install of ldc.
>
> Make yourself a cup of tea while you wait though if you try it,
> llvm was about an hour and a half to compile.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm amazed by the amount of effort
you guys put into helping me. Unfortunately the only precompiled
version of libstdc++ available for the system in question via Red
Hat repo's is 4.4.7, and compiling llvm from scratch requires at
least 4.7. I'll be fine using DMD for now as I'm still learning
more about D :).