"if sting in string"

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 16 06:12:19 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 16 September 2015 at 12:55:13 UTC, smadus wrote:
> Hello
>
> Searching after hours, i give up and here is the question. ;)
>
> I will make a programm, this searching all txt files on the
> system or the path from user and searching a user tiped term in
> this file.
>
> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/dec09a0f849c
>
> The Problem is in the if() "line 17" i searching in
> std.algorithm, but i dont find a solution for my problem.
>
> i hope, someone can help me.
>
> I'm new on D and sorry for my bad english.
>
> Happy Greetings
>
> Shorty

line 17 should probably be:

             if(canFind(line, term)){

you had your first closing bracket in the wrong place. Also,
canFind looks for the second argument inside the first argument.

Other notes:

There is no need to pass the arguments by ref, the data is not
copied.

File has a member function called byLine that can be used like
this:
foreach(line; actually_file.byLine())
     //do something with the line
see http://dlang.org/phobos/std_stdio.html#.File.byLine

No need to chomp a line before using canFind on it.

What are you trying to write on line 18? datei isn't defined
anywhere