Tried release build got ICE, does anyone have a clue what might cause this?

Random D user via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 19 14:48:23 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 19 September 2015 at 07:25:58 UTC, ponce wrote:
> On Friday, 18 September 2015 at 22:54:43 UTC, Random D user
> wrote:
>> So I tried to build my project in release for the first time
>> in a long while. It takes like 25x longer to compile and
>> finally the compiler crashes. It seems to go away if I disable
>> the optimizer.
>> I get:
>>
>> tym = x1d
>> Internal error: backend\cgxmm.c 547
>>
>> Does anyone have a clue what might trigger this?
>> I'm asking because my project has grown a bit and I don't
>> really have any good way of isolating this.
>>
>> I'm using dmd 2.068.1 and msvc x64 target.
>
> As a backend ICE is is very important that you report this.
>
> To workaround, try disabling inlining or -O selectively.

Thanks for the tips. I guess I should register an account (which
I hate (already too many one off accounts)), since I already have
like 3 bugs gathering dust in the corner.
Just hit another one (this time in debug):

Assertion failure: 'type->ty != Tstruct || ((TypeStruct
*)type)->sym == this' on line 957 in file 'struct.c'

Ugh...
It really seems like D starts to break down once your code grows
beyond toy program size. A bit frustrating...