Debugging D shared libraries

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 20 08:47:00 PDT 2015

Am Sat, 19 Sep 2015 17:41:41 +0100
schrieb Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn
<digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com>:

> On Sat, 2015-09-19 at 16:33 +0000, John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-learn
> wrote:
> > On Saturday, 19 September 2015 at 16:15:45 UTC, Russel Winder
> > wrote:
> > > Sadly the:
> > >
> > >  pragma(LDC_global_crt_ctor, 0)
> > >     void initRuntime() {
> > >       import core.runtime: Runtime;
> > >       Runtime.initialize();
> > >    }
> > >
> > > will not compile under DMD :-(
> >
> > version(LDC){ /* ... */ }
> >
> > not that it helps make things work correctly, but at least
> > they'll compile :)
>
> Indeed, it works well. Well for LDC. DMD and GDC are still broken. My
> GDC problems are deeper that this code: Debian packages seem to have
> weird problems and Fedora do not package GDC.

Have you tried using a newer GDC version? The debian jessie version
probably uses the 2.064.2 frontend.

I wanted to add @attribute(cctor/cdtor) support for some time now, I
even wrote the code some time but didn't push it to the main repo for
some reason. I'll put it on the TODO list but I can't work on this for
the next 2-3 weeks.