Capture characters from standard input without waiting for enter to be pressed

Fri Sep 25 11:33:59 PDT 2015

On 9/25/15 12:04 PM, Martino wrote:

> As subject, I'm trying to read from stdin without waiting for enter to
> be pressed.
>
> How can I do?

That is an issue with your terminal. You need to use a terminal
configuration library to set it up to not buffer keystrokes until enter
is pressed. I would not be the one to help you, the last time I did
terminal control was about 20 years ago, but it probably hasn't changed
much.

And it's highly dependent on your environment.

-Steve