string to uppercase

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 2 20:20:57 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 3 April 2016 at 03:05:08 UTC, stunaep wrote:
> Is there any easy way to convert a string to uppercase? I tried
> s.asUpperCase, but it returns a ToCaserImpl, not a string, and
> it cant be cast to string. I also tried toUpper but it wasnt
> working with strings

asUpperCase returns a range that you can iterate over like
auto upper = someString.asUpperCase;
foreach(c; upper)
{
      //do stuff
}

toUpper works with both characters (standard, w and d) as well as
(w|d| )strings, please post the use case that doesn't work.

There is also toUpperInPlace that will modify the string.

Nic