how to parse a string into a phobos datatype with additional logic

yawniek via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 7 11:49:49 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 7 April 2016 at 18:29:19 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, April 07, 2016 07:45:06 yawniek via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> So, while I understand your frustration, I just don't see any
> other sane way to approach this problem than what you've done.
> Putting it all in a wrapper type encapsulates it in a way that
> it can actually work, whereas the other options get messy
> really fast if they're possible at all.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

thank you Jonathan for the extensive answer, really helpful.
And the Longer i think about it the more i come to the conclusion
that its actually not even that ugly as it allows you to easily
add more logic to the structs if needed.

i already extensively alias standard datatypes to another name
where it is used in a specific context (latest example: alias
ColumnName = string) and it became helpful because you can easily
refactor it to something bigger.