Dynamic library

Chris via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 11 06:59:03 PDT 2016

On Monday, 11 April 2016 at 13:45:42 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 11 April 2016 at 13:40:14 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> For the record, I fixed it by changing the contents of
>> libphobos2.so from
>
> How did you do that btw? The file there should really just be a
> link to some binary file, maybe it got mangled in copying at
> some point.

Turns out that it was due to dvm (the D version manager). Somehow
the libraries (in linux/lib64/) are not unzipped properly when
dvm installs a version of D/dmd. I unzipped them manually and now
it works without changing "libphobos2.so" as it is now recognizes
as a "link to libphobos2.so.0.xx.x". In the dvm installation
libphobos2.so is recognized as "shared library" while it is only
a line of text (interpreted as linker script).