Need help with bytea data type from PostgreSQL.

Suliman via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 12 04:48:57 PDT 2016

I am still trying to get work any of PostgreSQL drivers. For last
few day I had test all of drivers. All of them are _very_ buggy!
Just few of them have support of `bytea` data type, that use for
binary blobs. But support does not mean that it's work.

Now I am trying to get https://github.com/IrenejMarc/dpq work.

```
import std.stdio;
import dpq.connection;
import dpq.query;
import dpq.attributes;
import dpq.result;
import dpq.value;

void main()
{

	auto conn = Connection("host=localhost dbname=test01
user=postgres password='Infinity8'");

	string myq = `SELECT userblob FROM "USERS"`;
	auto q = Query(myq);
	Result r = q.run();

	ubyte [] x;

	foreach(row; r)
	{
		//x = row[0];
		writeln(row[0]); // need as!binary or so.
		readln;
````

By docs binary data type should work, but I can't find way to set
it's type. For examples for strings its doing like: .as!string

But what about binary? I have read sources and found place that
can be sutable for it, but I do not know how to use it.
https://github.com/IrenejMarc/dpq/blob/6a5acc805a891b5cdab3f333fbae692aca042f5a/source/dpq/value.d#L237

But I have not ideas how to use it.