djvm fails to build

Chris via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 12 11:06:15 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 at 15:54:10 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> I'll look into it tomorrow, but I suspect I'm gonna need to do
> some serious work to get it work with the new import rules.
>
> Also maybe best to take this to gitter[0] or github issue so
> that I get an alert.
>
> [0] https://gitter.im/rikkimax/chatWithMe

Ok. I think some Java interop would be great (both ways). It's a
widely used language after all and with the advent of Java 8 it
looks like it's becoming usable again. Java has lambdas and
Streams now:

"The Stream interface supports the map/filter/reduce pattern and
executes lazily, forming the basis (along with lambdas) for
functional-style programming in Java 8." [1]

Sounds familiar to a D programmer. Funny how OOP ideology has
finally made concessions to more pragmatic / flexible approaches.

[1] https://leanpub.com/whatsnewinjava8/read#leanpub-auto-streams