How to run unit tests on Windows?

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 14 03:50:00 PDT 2016

On 14.04.2016 12:39, pineapple wrote:
> I've had success running unit tests on OSX by running `rdmd --main
> -unittest [file]` but have had no such luck on Windows. The
> aforementioned command fails,

Should work. If you can go into more detail as to how it fails, maybe we
can figure out what's wrong.

> and `dmd [file] -main -unittest` seems to
> run the program without actually executing the unit tests.

Invoked like that, dmd doesn't run the program at all. It just makes an
.exe file of it. To run the program simply type its name into the
command prompt. So if your source file is foo.d, `dmd foo.d -main
-unittest` creates foo.exe, and you run it with `foo`.