Is there a way to disable 'dub test' for applications?

Jon D via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 17 22:47:33 PDT 2016

On Monday, 18 April 2016 at 05:30:21 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Monday, April 18, 2016 04:25:25 Jon D via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> I have an dub config file specifying a targetType of
>> 'executable'. There is only one file, the file containing
>> main(), and no unit tests.
>>
>> When I run 'dub test', dub builds and runs the executable.
>> This is not really desirable. Is there a way to set up the dub
>> configuration file to disable running the test?
>>
>> Note: What I'd really like to do is run a custom shell command
>> when 'dub test' is done, I haven't seen anything suggesting
>> that's an option. However, disabling would still be useful.
>
> What's the point of even running dub test if you have no unit
> tests? Just do dub build, and then use the resulting
> executable, or if you want to build and run in one command,
> then use dub run.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I should have supplied more context. A few days ago I announced
open-sourcing a D package consisting of several executables.
Multiple comments recommended making it available via the Dub
repository. I wasn't using Dub to build, and there are a number
of loose ends when working with Dub and multiple executables.
I've been trying to limit the number of issues others might
encounter if they pulled the package and ran typical commands,
like 'dub test'. It's not a big deal, but if there's an easy way
to provide a handler, I will.

Also, the reason for a custom shell command is that there are
tests, it's just that they are run against the built executable
rather than via the unittest framework.

--Jon