Is there a way to disable 'dub test' for applications?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 18 11:54:58 PDT 2016

On Monday, 18 April 2016 at 18:19:32 UTC, Jon D wrote:
> On Monday, 18 April 2016 at 11:47:42 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Monday, 18 April 2016 at 04:25:25 UTC, Jon D wrote:
>>> I have an dub config file specifying a targetType of
>>> 'executable'. There is only one file, the file containing
>>> main(), and no unit tests.
>>>
>>> When I run 'dub test', dub builds and runs the executable.
>>> This is not really desirable. Is there a way to set up the
>>> dub configuration file to disable running the test?
>>
>> configuration "unittest" {
>>     excludedSourceFiles "path/to/main.d"
>> }
>
> Very nice, thank you. What also seems to work is:
>     configuration "unittest" {
>         targetType "none"
>     }
>
> Then 'dub test' produces the message:
>     Configuration 'unittest' has target type "none". Skipping
> test.

Those two option do different things. My proposal excludes file
with `main` function from tested sources but keeps actual test
target (so if you have unittest blocks in other modules, those
will be checked). Your version completely disabled test target.

I wasn't sure which option you want but glad it helped.